Advanced Parole

In some cases an immigrant living in the United States must obtain special permission before traveling abroad.  The special permission, or advance parole, helps to ensure that the person will be allowed to return to the US.  Those in Temporary Protected Status (TPS) must obtain this permission before travel abroad, as well as applicants for adjustment of status and those in certain types of nonimmigrant status.  Those who are refugees or asylees must obtain special travel documents prior to departing the US, and should not use their home country’s passport for international travel.  If you are not a lawful permanent resident, always consult with an attorney prior to leaving the United States.

* This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Please contact us for more information.